check these guys out These Chocolate Energy Bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and hit you with an antioxidant boost! These little powerhouses are packed with antioxidants, rich in fiber, good-for-you carbohydrates and healthy fats. These bites are so simple and are made up of three incredibly good-for-you foods: dates, pecans and cacao powder.
- binäre optionen funktioniert das Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium and manganese. And did you know that out of all of the most commonly eaten fruits or veggies, dates contain the most polyphenols, a type of antioxidant, than any of the others? That’s impressive!
- facebook Pecans are also a great source of manganese and fiber, and offer a good source of copper and thiamine, one of the essential B vitamins. Pecans are high in healthy fats that help prevent heart disease and lower bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Add in citas con chicas de panama cacao gay rencontre metz 18 powder and you have an antioxidant powerhouse. Cacao powder is a hot health item right now and here’s why: it’s the healthy part of dark chocolate, minus the fat and added sugar. Cacao is a great source of magnesium and antioxidants, which is why dark chocolate gets a good rep.
“And did you know that out of all of the most commonly eaten fruits or veggies, dates contain the most polyphenols, a type of antioxidant, than any of the others?”
These antioxidant-rich energy bites make the perfect nutrient-dense snack, dessert or pre-workout boost. Rich in healthy fats, these energy bites will keep you full through your busy morning, afternoon or workout. With 22g of nutrient-rich carbohydrates they will help fuel your body through a workout or give you the energy boost you need between meals. Pair them with a protein shake and you’ve got yourself a great post-workout snack. For the amateur fitness enthusiast, try not to get too caught up in the details of nutrition timing and macronutrient quantities, just remember this simple equation after you exercise: protein + carbohydrates.
Note: you don’t have to use Puffins cereal to roll your dough in. I chose this because it’s what I had at the time and the crunch sounded good. You can use coconut flakes, cacao powder, oats, etc. Get creative and share your ideas on our Instagram or in the comments below!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 5 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Puffins Honey Rice cereal
- Combine dates, pecans, vanilla, salt and cacao powder in food processor.
- Add water until mixture stays together.
- Roll dough into bite-size balls (about 14).
- Put rice cereal in plastic bag and crush until crumb consistency.
- Roll balls in cereal crumbs and place in freezer for an hour.
Serving size: 2 | 250 calories | 18F | 22C | 4P | 4g fiber